Thursday, June 13, 2013

After the storm...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 163

     I'm so thankful that today's storms didn't turn out to be as bad as predicted. So thankful. Matt had to work, and I was getting so hyper and anxious as the day went on. All I saw was tornado this, and tornado that. Radar, warnings, text messages...it just never stopped. It was everywhere. And that's a good thing. I'm glad we have early warning systems. It just makes it hard for an obsessive-compulsive person like me to have a normal day.

     But, for the most part, we did have a normal day. A very pleasant day, in fact. We spent most of our day inside. Coloring, building castles, playing dress-up. And I tried my very best to resist looking at the weather updates too often. I'm not gonna lie...I looked. But, not too much.

     The thing that I most loved about today was this: after the storm. It was amazing. Patty had to get a few things at the store tonight, so I tagged along. The sky was glowing. The wind was blowing. The clouds were breathtaking. I could have sat and stared at the sky all night. I've always loved the, "after the storm." It's something I always look forward to. I tell myself, the nastier the storm, the more beautiful the sky will be afterwards. And for me, it's always held true.

     Thankful that there is an, "after the storm." Thankful that in our area, the storms weren't as bad as expected. Thankful that all my loved ones are safe. Thankful for beautiful, breathtaking skies after dark, stormy days. It renews my spirit.












No comments:

Post a Comment