Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I was just thinking that I never get to hold Tobin anymore...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 175

     Tobin is growing fast. Too fast. He no longer is content to just sit in my lap. He wants to play. He wants to move. He's trying oh so hard to crawl. He's almost there. He's trying to pull himself up on things to stand. He dances to music now. He's using sign language. It's unbelievable how fast he's becoming more like a toddler, and less like a baby. The other day, I was watching him play on the floor, and I got kind of sad because I never just get to sit and hold him anymore. Except when I'm nursing him.

     Then he got sick. My poor guy has a terrible cold. And he's been up for the past three nights in a row telling me all about it. He can't sleep because he's so uncomfortable, and he doesn't want to be alone. He just wants me to hold him. And I do. And even though I'm tired, I could never tire of looking into his sweet eyes. I could never tire of him reaching up and touching my face. Playing with my hair, and my necklace. I'm tired, but I get to hold my boy. And that makes me happy.

     Thankful for extra cuddles from my guy these past couple of days. I've missed holding him for hours at time. I remember when I first had him, I don't think Matt held him for more than five minutes for the first month. I was so selfish with him. I didn't mean to be. I just, couldn't put him down. Thankful for my sweet Tobin boy. Thankful for his love.








The only picture I could get of Tobin today. I was too busy holding him all day to get a  picture of him.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment