Sunday, June 2, 2013

It was a jolly day.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 152

     Jolly day. Spent the day with family. Matt's family and my family. We had fun plans planned. We were going to go to a park, and then go get ice cream after dinner. But, it rained and stormed. So we had to stay in. And it's a funny thing. Sometimes, staying in, and just hanging out and talking, can end up being more fun than your fun plans would have been. That was the case today.

     Highlights:

1. Talking in the bathroom with Steph. We find the weirdest places to have deep conversations. I remember one of our deepest conversations was in my Focus, in front of Mario's parents house. I have no idea why we were sitting there, but I do remember smoking Camel after Camel. Mmmm. Sometimes, I miss the flavor of Camel Lights. Especially with a good cup of coffee. On a cool morning.

2. Watching Steph feed Tobin. She's a natural. Hint, hint.


3. Seeing Adelyn so excited to see her Grandma and Aunt Steph walking up to the door. And then seeing her so excited to see Casey, Sophia, and her Tante. And then seeing her so excited to see her Oma, and Opa. And watching Tobin smile at everyone. He just loves everyone.

4. Watching the kids eat cupcakes like ravenous sharks. It really is quite a sight.

5. Talking. Just talking. I love to sit around and chat with my favorite people.

     Thankful for a sweet day with family. Thankful that sometimes the weather intervenes, and forces you to stay put, inside. No one ever really makes plans to sit inside and talk. But, that really shouldn't be. Some of my most favorite memories consist of family days where we just sit and talk. Thankful for time well spent today. Thankful for my loved ones.

Sophia had some sweet potatoes and beets. She liked them!



Sleepy Tobin.

Very sleepy.



No comments:

Post a Comment