Thursday, June 6, 2013

We went to a party!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 156

     We joined Casey at his, "end of the school year," party today. It was a very special day for Adelyn. She was very excited about it, and even went to bed without any fuss last night, so that when she woke up, it was party time. Even at her young age, Addy B knows the importance of picking out the perfect outfit for any occasion. For the party today, she chose a red dress, that she swears is pink, a pink Cinderella princess dress on top of the first dress, a pink bunny mask, and pink shoes. She was a vision of pink. Patty and I always quote from, A Christmas Story, when we describe her outfits. The part where Ralphie comes down in the ugly pink bunny costume, and his father says, "he looks like a pink nightmare."

   


     It was so sweet how proud she was of her outfit. What was even sweeter was the way Addy and Casey held hands walking up to the party. Unfortunately, this was the only picture I could snap of our time there. As soon as we walked in, taking pictures was highly impossible. But, it was a fun time for all the kids. Even Tobin and Sophia.

     Thankful for a fun party day. Thankful for my "pink nightmare" girl. She makes me smile every day. Thankful for my vampire guy who has been waking me up at all hours of the night recently to nurse. He is such a guy. His teeth are hurting, so he lets me know about it. All day long. All night long. I never even knew Addy was teething half the time. But, I'm thankful for our little late night meet-ups. He's become quite the fan of the worst TV show of all time, too. 7th Heaven. Although, it is getting increasingly hard to continue watching it. I've started watching the first ten minutes of each show, and then fast-forwarding to the last five minutes in which all the problems are resolved. Thankful for my loves. Thankful that the forecast is rainy. We need some days cuddled on the couch. 

From tonight's first meet-up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment