Monday, June 10, 2013

I'd like to toot my own horn.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 160

     I know the expression is, "I'm not trying to toot my own horn." But, tonight, I would like to toot my own horn. Because all day long, the only thing I've heard or read about was the tornado watch. In the past, a tornado watch would mean that I would stay inside all day long. I would keep the blinds closed, as if that would keep a tornado away, and stay in the basement. All. Day. Long. I would be freaking out. And having panic attacks. And watching the weather updates constantly.

     But, today...I went out. Matt was off today, so we took the kids, and met Patty, Shane, Casey, and Sophia at Jumping Jimmie's. Jumping Jimmie's is a huge room filled with humongous moon bounces. Basically, the coolest place ever for kids. We went in the morning. And we went back after nap. We bought an unlimited monthly bounce pass. Which means we can go ten times a day if we want to. Patty bought one, too. That makes Adelyn and Casey two very happy kids.

     And, not only did I venture outside on this tornado watch day, I went running. Outside. With no protective cover between me and tornado watch clouds. And I ran far away from the safety of my basement. In a nutshell, I kicked this tornado watch day's ass.

     Thankful that I've come so far. Thankful that I can do things on stormy days besides sit and wait for the tornado apocalypse. I'm thankful that tonight, I can toot my own horn. That doesn't happen very often. And it makes me feel very proud.












No comments:

Post a Comment