Sunday, June 9, 2013

Original Gangsters

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 159

    As I sat down to write tonight's blog post, I found myself feeling somewhat lonely. Adelyn and Tobin were fast asleep, of course. And Matt was being a big nerd, watching the Game of Thrones season finale. I called my mom, and was pleased to find out that she and my dad hadn't yet left Patty's house. We all had dinner there tonight. "Yeah, we're still here. And Dad went and got ice cream. Three different kinds," my mom said. Oh yeah, I was so there.

     But, not because of the ice cream. But because it's my family, and I can't get enough of them. When I got there, I realized, it was just our original family unit. My dad, mom, Patty, Shane, and I. As I scooped some ice cream, my dad came in, and said, "mmmhmmm...what's going on in here?" And I could see the little twinkle in his eye. He gets that twinkle when he's in a good, and happy, and playful mood. Love that twinkle. It means good ole' days are happening.

     My mom, and Patty, and I sat in the kitchen and talked for about an hour before my parents had to leave. And it was so good to just sit and talk with my two best girlfriends. I love to laugh with them. And tell stories. And reminisce. I'm so blessed and lucky to have two such amazing women in my life.

     Thankful for my first family. I couldn't be more happy, or more blessed with any other group of people to call my original family. Thankful for long talks with my sister, and my mom. Thankful for ice cream on warm summer nights. Thankful for laughter, and stories, and fun with the people I love. Makes me feel warm and cozy on the inside.



Tobin had to wear a pink puppy bib of Sophia's. How embarrassing. 

Two beautiful ladies. 

:)

Adelyn and Casey boy playing. 

My dad being silly while I tried to snap a sweet picture of my parents. Funny how it still turned out to be a sweet picture.  I love how my parents can be silly and sweet at the same time. 

Another silly and very sweet picture. 

Shane being silly. He has the most beautiful chocolatey eyes ever. 

Pretty Patty, and sweet Sophia. 

My boy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment