Friday, June 14, 2013

Things that deserved to be taped to the wall.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 164

     Adelyn plays in her art corner in our kitchen multiple times a day. She colors, plays with dough, flashcards, plays with her sand table, she pretends to decorate cupcakes, and sets up elaborate birthday parties with said cupcakes for her baby. She is in her art corner more than any other play area in our house.

     She loves to color. And she loves when Matt or I color with her. Today, I drew a picture of our family. Adelyn looked at it with such adoration when I finished. "That's my family. That's Dada. That's Mama. And Addy. And Tobin." Then she asked for tape to hang it on our wall. As she stood back and admired the picture of our family, I stood back, and admired her admiring.

     Thankful for my Adelyn. Thankful that in her careful selection of what gets taped to the wall, she deems a stick picture drawing of our family acceptable. And not only acceptable. Admirable. She makes me smile everyday.







This picture and the next two are perfect pictures of how it always goes for me at the playground. The only thing Adelyn wants me to do is, "push me again. Higher. Faster!" And if I don't, she gets real, real mad. 



No comments:

Post a Comment