Monday, June 24, 2013

Peaceful sleep when it's stormy out.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 174

     It's very rare, but when it happens, it is the most peaceful sleep. Family nap time. Adelyn very rarely naps anymore. She still has a "quiet" time, but even that isn't really quiet, or peaceful. It basically consists of me telling her to take a rest in her bed, and then going and getting her about twenty minutes later, because she's singing and talking at the top of her lungs, and I don't want Tobin to wake up.

     However, today was one of those rare days when everything worked out perfectly for everyone in the house to nap at the same time. Everyone slept today. And when I woke up, everyone else was still sleeping, and it was raining outside. I laid and listened to the sound of the rain for a bit, and marveled at how the feeling of peace was so thick and so heavy in our home, I feel like I could have touched it.

     Thankful for peaceful, rainy, afternoon, family nap times. I wish I could bottle that peaceful feeling, and take a swig or two whenever I'm feeling anxious.



No comments:

Post a Comment