Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When my days feel heavy, I makes lists in my head.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 162

    Been going through a little rough spot. And a part of me wants to spew out complaints, and just word vomit all over that place about how, "nothing is going my way," "why is everything so hard," yada, yada, yada. But, the other part of me begins to immediately shove down those negative thoughts. And I tell myself, start making a list. Start making a list of everything you should be thankful for. And as I make my list, I don't feel quite so heavy.

     Here are some of the things I've got going on my current list:

-I have a comfy, beautiful home to share with people I love.
-I'm in love with my husband, and he's in love with me.
-I have the most precious daughter.
-I have the sweetest son.
-I have a dog that loves me so much, she follows me wherever I go. Even into the bathroom. That's love.
-My children are healthy.
-I have the most amazing family.
-I have so many people that love and care for me, and for my family.
-Vacation is coming soon!
-My children have best friends already. Casey and Sophia. Cousins make the best best friends.
-We have plenty of food to eat.
-We have everything we need, and more.
-We are healthy.

     When I start to list everything I have to be thankful for, the list goes on, and on, and on, and on. I really don't have much to complain about. Except maybe these hot, humid days.

     Thankful that being thankful changes my attitude about things quickly. Thankful that I have so much to be thankful for. I don't deserve all this good in my life. What a gift. To have so much good, and so much love.

Brought the sand table out to share with friends this morning. 

Adelyn just wanted to wave this ribbon, instead. 





We watched Casey this afternoon. We went to Jumping Jimmy's. And he wore this fancy bunny mask for much of our time there. This was the best picture I could get of him, because he's always bouncing around like a bunny. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment