Monday, June 17, 2013

A day for girlfriends and explorers.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 167

     It was a really cool day. Ryleigh came over to visit with Adelyn. And miss Adelyn couldn't have been happier. I love watching them play together. They are just so sweet. I love how you don't have to teach girls how to be girlfriends. It just comes naturally.


















   
     And, tonight, an explorer came to our house for dinner. Like, a for real, National Geographic explorer. She lives in Mozambique. And she studies manta rays. It was seriously amazing to hear all about her adventures. Listening to her describe what it's like to stare into the eyes of a magnificent sea creature gave me goose bumps. It was just such a magical night, hearing all her stories. My dad met her, and is making something she needs for her dives. And my dad, being the kind of guy he is, asked her if she had any family in the area. Which she didn't. So, his offer of a home-cooked meal with our family was hard for her to pass up.

     Tonight, I'm thankful for girlfriends. I'm thankful that Adelyn and Ryleigh have each other, and I think, they'll be very good friends for years and years to come. I'm also thankful for explorers. I'm thankful that there are sweet people out there in the world, who set out to make a difference, and do just that. I'm thankful that we could provide someone with a home-cooked meal, especially when they were so far from home. It was really an awesome night.

     Below is a little video of, The Manta Queen, whom we had the pleasure of meeting tonight.





No comments:

Post a Comment