Friday, June 28, 2013

The Art of Playing in the Rain

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 178

     "I want to go in it," was Adelyn's reply to the pouring rain. We were standing at the window watching it rain buckets. It must be innate. The notion that stepping outside into what can only be described as a monsoon would be enjoyable.

     Matt and I exchanged glances, and then he said, "go for it." So, I opened the door. Adelyn and I stepped out into the pouring rain. We were soaked instantly, but it felt amazing. It was so nice and cool. We stomped in puddles. We ran in the rain. We twirled in the rain. We sat in the rain. We gave kisses and hugs in the rain. It was a lovely, spontaneous, exhilarating afternoon of playing in the rain. And I have Addy to thank for it.

     Thankful for Adelyn. Thankful for her sense of wonder. Thankful that I got to be a part of another first for her. Thankful that the wonder and excitement of childhood knows no age limit. And it is never far away from any of us. All one has to do is simply say, yes. Yes. Let's play in the rain. Let's get muddy. Let's do something we've never done before. Thankful for my journey back to childhood today. Although, I surrounded by children all day long, I am always, "mother." Today, I got to be, "kid." And it was sweet.

Superman chasing girls at the playground.


Tobin boy swinging.


Sweet Sophia and her dada. 

Father and son. :)

Still chasing the girls. 

Still chasing. I love this picture, because you can see his cape waving in the breeze. 

It wasn't cold out, but I was wearing a white shirt. White shirts are NO GOOD for pouring rain. 









No comments:

Post a Comment