Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Slow your roll, Tobin.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 161

     Tobin is almost eight months old. How can this be? He is trying to crawl, and he is getting super frustrated that he can't yet move the way he wants to. He watches Adelyn and Casey run around with great fascination.  I have the feeling, once my little guy starts moving, he'll never stop. I love to watch him rock back and forth on his little hands and knees. Trying to figure out how to make them move. He usually gets frustrated, and starts crying. I, like every other mother I know, first take the time to document his frustration before I help him up. I kind of feel bad at first, but I just tell myself he'll thank me when he's older for snapping as many pictures as I can get of him.

     My favorite part of the day with Tobin, is getting him out of the bath. I have no idea what gets into him, but when I get him out of the bath, and start doing his lotion, he just gets this crazy burst of energy. He tries as hard as he can to crawl away from me. He jumps. He flails his arms, and bounces on his wobbly feet. He laughs really hard, and makes his best pterodactyl screeching noise. He's still my dinosaur boy. :)

     Adelyn really tries her best to mother him during that time. "Oh, Tobin boy! Stay with Addy and Mama! You must stay here! Here, let me hold your head. Don't be silly, dinosaur boy! Don't go away. TOBIN! You need to listen to Addy and Mama!" Oh Adelyn. I wish she would follow her own advice. She rarely listens these days.

     Thankful for my sweet son. Today, I was remembering being pregnant with him. What an exciting and scary time that was for me. I remember feeling him kick me. I remember looking at his sonogram picture, and praying so hard he would be healthy. I remember how feeling his face next to mine after he was born, was one of the most amazing feelings I ever experienced. I love to just sit and hold him at night after he nurses. I stare at his sweet face. And his fingers. Which are usually playing with my necklace. He likes to hear it jingle and clink. And as I stare at him, I feel the deepest, most heartfelt gratitude, and joy. Because he's here, and he's all mine, and I can hold him, and kiss him, and hug him whenever I want.











No comments:

Post a Comment