Sunday, June 23, 2013

"We still got it!"

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 173

     Usually, Sunday is our day off from running. But, since we missed yesterday, Patty and I ran today while all the kids took a nap at my house. And while we were running, two very cool and awesome things happened. Usually we just run a bunch of laps in the neighborhood. But, today, we ventured outside the hood. And I'm so glad we did.

1. A man in a truck waved, gave us a thumbs up, smiled, and said, "good job," to us.
2. A work van drove by, and the men inside whistled at us.

     When I was in my 20's, behavior like that would disgust me. Piss me off. Make me do things like get the number on the back of the work van, call the company, and complain that the workers were harassing me. (True story, by the way.) Now that I'm trying to run off all this baby weight, and I feel like my body is forever changed from carrying two very large babies, and being pregnant three times, for three summers in a row...Now? It made me so happy. I turned to Patty after each instance, and exclaimed, "we still got it!"

     It was a lovely Sunday. A misty walk this morning. Running, with compliments and whistles, too. Dinner with my family. Hide and seek. Lots of talking. Lots of laughing. Sidewalk chalk. Spinning. Red light, green light. Pulling weeds from the yard. More talking. More laughing.

     Thankful for time with family. Thankful for misty morning walks. And fun games. Thankful for laughter. Thankful for a good run. Thankful for relaxing family Sundays. They're the best.


Us, on our walk this morning. 




Playing red light, green light. 

My Dad telling me to stop taking his picture. 

My artwork.  :)



   

No comments:

Post a Comment