Friday, June 7, 2013

Bedtime.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 157

     It has been a difficult week. Adelyn has been testing the waters, and coming up with new sassy ways of talking to me. Just this afternoon, I said to her, "Adelyn, please come back here, I need to talk with you." She replied, "NO, you do not talk to me, you go away," while wagging her index finger at me. She's not even three. God help us.

     Tobin is teething, and getting super frustrated that he can't crawl. He's trying so hard to move around, and be big, but he just hasn't learned how yet. This results in him making whining noises all day long, and wiggling away from me. But then getting upset because his teeth are hurting, so he wants me to hold him, but then getting frustrated again because he wants to move around. Yeah. Vicious cycle is an understatement.

     It was a difficult day to say the least. Tonight, I am especially thankful that I could say, "goodnight," and escape to the grocery store for a bit. I'm thankful for bedtime. I'm thankful for how peaceful and sweet my children look sleeping in their beds. It makes me forget how hard this day was.






No comments:

Post a Comment