Friday, June 21, 2013

These things...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 171

     These things made me happy today. These things made me smile to think about when I was feeling alone tonight.

1. My mom spent the night last night, and my kids didn't know. So, when they woke up this morning, they were happily surprised to find their Oma. Their smiles were so big and happy.

2. We went to visit my grandparents today. When my grandmother and I talked on the phone earlier in the week about us visiting them today, she asked to talk to Addy. She told Adelyn that she was going to be making homemade ice cream for us. To which Addy replied, "ice cream and cake!!!" So, my grandmother had to make a cake as well. As I was getting Addy dressed to go this morning, she reminded me that we were going to have cake and ice cream at Gamie and Poppy's house. She never forgets about cake and ice cream. Oh, I've taught her so well.

3. My cousin, Lauren, and her son, Ethan, visited my grandparents today as well. It was so good to see her. As it always is. No matter how much time passes between our visits, and even our heart to heart conversations, it's never weird. It's never awkward. It's always, just, good. It's just so good to see her. And we can't be bothered with petty things like who called who last, or who didn't call who...I love that about our relationship. We just love each other, and when we see each other, we're so happy.

4. Talking with my mom. No explanation needed, right. Isn't pretty much all time spent with a best friend/mother, a good ole' time?

5. Watching my parent's dog, Duke, try to get Tobin's attention today. Duke loves children. And Tobin loves being able to touch, and pet, and crawl on a dog without having it move away, like Roxy does.

6. Cuddling with Roxy after I put Adelyn and Tobin to bed. We cuddled for a long time on the couch. There is something very, almost spiritual, about cuddling with an animal that loves you.

7. My coneflowers are coming in. I love them.

















No comments:

Post a Comment