Monday, July 22, 2013

A letter in the mail.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 201

     I love getting mail. I actually love taking mail out of my mailbox. Always have. I especially love getting mail when there is something besides junk and bills. Tonight, I got a card in the mail from my grandmother. And it just so made my day. She always sends the prettiest cards and envelopes. And the envelope always has stickers on it. Which is always a nice touch, I think. The card said, "May your day be filled with sunshine and flowers. Thinking of you." And there was nice note inside as well. And a gift. For me. Just because. "Just because" gifts are by far the most thoughtful gifts to give. And to receive a "just because" gift makes your whole day so much brighter.

     I'm thankful for my grandmother. She has been such an important part of my life, and now, I get to see her be an important part of my children's lives. When I think about her, I think about laughter. She has an infectious laugh. And she laughs often. Getting her card and gift in the mail tonight meant so very much to me. It made me feel special and loved. And it brightened my whole day. Thankful for the love she showed me by sending me a letter in the mail. Also, thankful for things like letters in mailboxes. These days, a letter in the mailbox isn't something that happens all too often. But maybe, that only makes it more delightful when it does.







No comments:

Post a Comment