Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The new prince got me thinking...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 202

     The world seems obsessed with the new prince. And don't get me wrong, the new prince is a precious new life. A precious son. And every life should be celebrated joyously. But, seeing pictures of the happy new family made me think about the future. That new little life will one day be king. What a tremendous task placed in the hands of Will and Kate. They must raise the future king. How they raise him, what they teach him, will ultimately shape the life of their little boy. And they must do a good job. They can't fail. Because one day, he will be someone important.

     Okay, so Will and Kate must raise a future king. Who are Matt and I raising? The future _____? What would this world look like if Hitler had different parents? How would this world be different is Martin Luther King Jr. had different parents? I started asking myself these questions as I stared at my children eating their dinner. And I felt overwhelmed with responsibility. Matt and I must do a good job. We can't fail. Because one day, Adelyn will be someone important. Because one day, Tobin will be someone important.

     Thankful for my babes. They are amazing souls who will change the world. I know it.






No comments:

Post a Comment