Saturday, July 13, 2013

Surprise! & Date Night!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 193

     Here's the setup. I was nursing Tobin in his room. Matt was sleeping in late because he had been up and working for the past 36 hours straight. Adelyn was supposed to be watching a short show while I nursed Tobin, but I suppose, when nature calls...one must answer.

     When I came out of Tobin's room, this is the story Matt told me. He had been soundly sleeping when he woke up to Adelyn yelling, "SURPRISE!" She was standing by his head holding the little detachable pot from her potty. In it, her most recent pee and poop. Still groggy, he replied, "that's awesome, Addy, good job! Okay, go back to Mama, now," thinking I must have been just a few feet away in our bathroom. He watched her leave our room, pot in hand, and knock on Tobin's door. Realizing I wasn't helping her carry her pot full of pee and poop around our house, he got out of bed just in time to see her dump it in the big potty, and flush it. As he helped her wash up, he pieced together what happened.

     She was watching a show in the living room when nature called. She answered. By herself. Because she was so proud, she then carried that full pot, up the stairs, and into our room. Where she yelled, "SURPRISE!" Surprise, indeed. Who doesn't love waking up to a pot full of pee and poop.

      Tonight, Matt and I went on a date. It was wonderful! I so needed to get out of the house, and have uninterrupted adult conversation. At dinner, we got to talking about date nights when we were actually dating. Feels like yesterday. I have always loved date nights with my love. Then, and now.

     Thankful for a sweet day. Thankful for SURPRISES! Aren't they the best? Thankful for walks into our little town. Thankful for street festivals. Thankful for date nights. Thankful for long, uninterrupted conversations with my man. Doesn't happen very much anymore. Thankful for so much love in my life.
















No comments:

Post a Comment