Monday, July 29, 2013

I'm getting really excited for vacation!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 208

     I am getting super excited for our vacation this year. We are going to the Outer Banks, NC. A sweet little beach called, Swan Beach. When I typed in Swan Beach, NC, into google images, this is one of the first pictures I saw.



     Just some wild horses walking on the beach. No big deal. Yep. We are going to a beach that is home to wild horses. To get to our beach house, we have to drive through sand dunes to get there. There is no paved road. Just sand. And wild horses. I cannot wait to get my feet in the sand. I can't wait to see Tobin's reaction to his first beach experience. I can't wait to see Adelyn's face when she sees the ocean again. I can almost feel the ocean calling me. Beckoning me. Come. Come sit in the sand. Pick shells. Listen to the waves. Run in the surf. Wake up early and watch a beautiful ocean sunrise. Sit on the deck, and watch the sunset cast those beautiful pinks and reds and purples and blues across the sky. Bring your flashlights, and go exploring after dark. See how many crabs you can find. Fall asleep in the sand. Watch the birds. Watch the horses. Shower outside after swimming in the sea. Just sit back in your beach chair, and watch, and listen, and feel. Just be.

     Can. Not. Wait.

     Thankful for beautiful places like the beach. Thankful for the rest and relaxation we will soon soak up there.



No comments:

Post a Comment