Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Happy Parts of Today

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 182

     Tobin is sick. And teething. And not sleeping. And snotty. And just a huge, big mess in general. It makes for quite the challenging day. And even more challenging nights. It's only 10:30 pm, and it has already been a challenging night. As I was rocking Tobin in his room just a little bit ago, I started thinking about all the happy parts of today. All the parts of today that made me smile. There were so many that I forgot my frustration with my very sweet, and needy, non-sleeping son. I forgot, and then I began to feel thankful. And I even began to feel thankful that I had to rock Tobin to sleep again for the third time tonight. Thankful because he's so sweet, and beautiful. And I have him to love, and to hold whenever I want. And even my most frustrating night with him is also my biggest blessing. Because he's here, and he's mine, and he's healthy. And I get to hold him, love him, and cuddle him, several times a night. It won't be like this for long. Pretty soon, he'll start sleeping through the night again, and when he does, I'll miss those late night cuddle sessions. When it's just me and him. Looking at each other. Loving each other.


The Happy Parts:

1. Rocking my Tobin boy. Staring into his sweet eyes. Feeling his fingers intertwined with mine.

2. Our day with Grandma! Grandma came to visit today, and everyone was so excited. Any day with Grandma is a cozy one, indeed.

3. Grandma came bearing gifts. Treasures from Grandma are among Adelyn's most prized possessions.

4. Talking. Just sitting around, and chatting with Sue.

5. It was a Lifetime movie marathon kind of day. But, because we can't sit around and watch lifetime movies anymore, we had a different kind of marathon. A kid movie marathon. And by marathon, I mean, we watched two movies on and off while Tobin napped. Complete with popcorn.

6. I made a roast chicken, with carrots, and rice for dinner. But, it wasn't ready in time. So, Matt went and got some pizzas. Later, after the kids were in bed, and Sue had left, as I was putting the original dinner away, I started eating some of the carrots from the roast. Seriously, they were the best carrots I had ever tasted. I gave Matt a bite, and they were so good, that he actually requested a second bite. Usually, I have to be all mean, and force him to eat vegetables. Tonight, he requested another bite.

     Thankful for today. Thankful for Sue. Thankful for who she is, and how sweet of a grandma she is. Thankful we had a cozy day at home. Thankful for movie marathons. And popcorn. And roasted carrots so good that Matt actually wants to eat his vegetables.






Adelyn, sleeping with her new treasures from Grandma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment