Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sleep. Glorious sleep.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 207

     I don't think I started fantasizing about sleep until I was in college, and working two jobs. That was a hard time. A very tired time. But it was nothing, nothing compared to how tired I have been for the last two months or so. My children have always been amazing sleepers. No issues whatsoever. Until Tobin started getting teeth. Three nights ago, I got four hours sleep total. Two nights ago, it was less than that. Lack of sleep makes you feel insane, and grumpy, and crazy, and jittery. It's horrible! Last night was better. Tobin only woke twice. Both times, I just went in, and held him for a few minutes. And I put him back in his crib awake, and he fell asleep on his own. We'll get there. He's just a needy boy. :)

     But this afternoon? This afternoon was amazing. Heaven. Wonderful. Peaceful. The best. We all went for a long walk in the morning. We came back, had lunch, and everyone went down for a nap around 1. And everyone slept until 4. Even Adelyn. Who never naps. When I woke up, everyone else was still sleeping. And the house was so still. I slept so hard, and I had been so tired that when I woke up, I was like, "what day is it?"

     So thankful for sleep. So. So Thankful. I needed to sleep. And I'm keeping track of all the sleepless nights my Tobin boy has caused me. Because when he's in high school, I won't feel the least bit bad about waking him up in the morning with a trumpet. Or drums. Or any other kind of loud noise. Oh, Tobin. Payback's a bitch. Just you wait... Muahahahahaha!











Look at Greenie! Ha! Willing Addy to drop some of her dinner!







No comments:

Post a Comment