Friday, July 12, 2013

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 192

    Oh my. It was a day and a half. I can't even go into details. It would make me too tired to write it all out. And I was so exhausted from this day that I fell asleep nursing Tobin on the couch in his room. I woke up at 8:00 pm confused and shaky. When I checked my phone, I saw that Patty had texted me. "You almost ready?" And in my head, I went like this, "you almost ready?" And I made a disgusted face. I wanted to call her up, and scream at the top of my lungs, "NO! I'm not ready. I don't want to run!" But, I didn't. And she came. And we ran. And we talked the whole time. And by the end of our run, I felt like a million bucks. My sour mood was gone. Left behind on the pavement.

     Thankful for an amazing run. Thankful for my sister who by just being herself helps me with whatever I'm going through. She listens. She understands. She doesn't judge. And she helps by encouraging me, and affirming me. I'm thankful for Patty. Sometimes, I want to put her in my pocket, and keep her all to myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment