Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The beauty in lightning

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 196

    I've always been afraid of storms. And I've always seen storms, and lightning especially, as forces of evil. Dark clouds aren't just dark clouds to me. They're menacing, evil beings. With minds of their own, and they're coming to get me.

     Because of that, I have never, in my entire life, watched lightning, and thought it was beautiful. Until tonight. Patty and I were running late so we didn't have to run in the heat. And for a very long stretch of road, there was a large dark cloud ahead of us. Far off in the distance. And every few seconds, the entire cloud would light up from within. The lightning like veins snaked through the cloud. It was beautiful. Gorgeous, really. Made me sad I never stopped to watch the lightning before.

     Thankful that I was finally able to find beauty in a storm. I've heard so many people talk about loving storms, and I never understood it until tonight. It was beautiful. And surprisingly peaceful.











No comments:

Post a Comment