Sunday, July 21, 2013

Forgiveness

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 201

     The world can learn a lot from Addy. And from all children, for that matter. Tonight, I lost my cool. Lost my temper with Adelyn who was being a little troublemaker during dinner. I yelled, and Adelyn cried. I went upstairs to calm down a bit, and regain my composure, and when I came down, I went straight to Addy. Who was sitting very nicely at the table eating her dinner, all while using her best manners. I bent down, and looked into her innocent, beautiful blue eyes, (which only made me feel even worse about yelling at her...what is it about a child's eyes?) and apologized for yelling at her. I apologized, and asked if she would forgive me. Her reply? "I forgive you, Mama! I love you!" Just like that. With a sweet smile on her face.

     Thankful for Adelyn. And Tobin. And Casey and Sophia. And all children everywhere. They possess such depth and love. Thankful that even when I'm wrong, even when I mess up, Addy loves me. She amazes me. I feel like parenting her is going to be one of those situations where you think you are the one doing all the teaching. But, in the end, you realize, you were the one doing all the learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment