Monday, July 15, 2013

If you love somebody, show them.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 195

     Been thinking about love. Probably because my husband was out working his second job in this hellish heat today. For us. He works two jobs so I can stay at home with our babies. He works two jobs so that everything he makes, he can spend on us. Toys, and pretty things for Adelyn. Trucks, planes, and balls for Tobin. Date nights for me. Things for our home. He loves us. And he sure shows us.

     Maybe I shouldn't be in the business of giving advice, much less marriage advice, but then I thought...sure I should. Matt and I have been to hell and back together. We've been together thirteen years. Married for almost eight. We've seen good times. And very good times. We've seen bad times. And very bad times. And very, very bad times. And if there's one thing I've learned on our journey together, it's that if you love somebody, you show them. You talk. You listen. You cuddle. You kiss. And you kiss often. You touch. You cook. You clean. You cry with. You cry because of. You celebrate with. You mourn with. You dream with. You make love. And you make love often. Every day if you can. If you love someone, if you truly do, you show them everyday.

     I am so beyond thankful and grateful and blessed to have Matt as my husband. You know the saying, "where would I be without ____?" Well, I can't even imagine the statement, "where would I be without Matt." It just...isn't in my vocabulary.






No comments:

Post a Comment