Wednesday, July 3, 2013

We got our Jumping Jimmy on.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 183

     There is a strange warehouse type place called, Jumping Jimmy's, about five minutes from our house. It's just this warehouse filled with giant moon-bounces, and a room to have parties in. Adelyn loves it. Today was the last day on our month long bounce pass. So, after nap, I packed Tobin's dinner, and we were off to Jimmy's.

     I sat down next to a woman on her iPad. Her son was there alone. With no friends. And this woman, from the time we got there, until the time we left, stared blankly at her iPad. Then her phone. Even when her son came up, and asked her things. She kept staring, giving him one word answers. Believe me, I'm not judging here. Maybe this woman was doing something for work. Maybe she was having a terrible day, and just needed to chill out. Maybe staring at her iPad was her way of doing that. It only struck me because while this woman was staring at her iPad, I was watching Matt bounce with Adelyn. Matt always brings his socks to Jimmy's. (You are required to wear socks to bounce in the moon-bounces.) And he always jumps and plays with her. Every time I looked up from feeding Tobin, they were bouncing, or sliding, or Matt was spinning her around in the air. And I just felt so proud to have Matt as my husband, and the father of my children.

     Thankful for my sweet family. Thankful that Matt is the kind of guy that wears mesh shorts, and t-shirts, and brings socks to Jumping Jimmy's, so he can bounce with our daughter. Thankful that our kids have a father who is present when he's home. It means everything to me. And it makes my heart proud.

Addy likes collections of things. And she likes to arrange those collections just so...

How I found Adelyn sleeping today.








No comments:

Post a Comment