Saturday, July 20, 2013

Three things that made me happy today.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 200

     1. Grandma came for a visit today. And we had such a great time. She came with lots of goodies for the kids. We went out for ice cream, and then, as a special treat, just us girls went shopping. Shane was here, so he was able to stay with Tobin boy, while we went out. Adelyn especially enjoyed herself. Probably because everyone that walked past us stopped to admire her very unique and frilly fashion sense. And while we were out shopping, Grandma got some more goodies for Addy and Tobin. They had a ball playing with all their new things today. While we were in the store, I said to Sue, "no more...this is too much!" And she said, "I'm their Grandma. I get to spoil them." It was great to spend time with her today.



     2. Shane is here, spending the day and night. I love watching him with my babies. He never tires of holding them, and playing with them. He's an amazing uncle. I know he will make the most amazing father one day. After I write this post, I'm going to pop some popcorn, and we're going to watch our guilty pleasure. The worst show of all time, 7th Heaven. We love to laugh at how corny and terrible the acting is.

     3. This is day 200 of my Project 365 * 2. It flew by. Funny how when I was pregnant with Tobin, and I started my 100 Days of Thankfulness, 100 days seemed like forever. In fact, I remember telling Matt about my 100 day project, and his reply was, "why would you commit to doing something like that for 100 days!" He wasn't discouraging me, he was probably just wondering how in the world I would find time to write everyday. Now, writing everyday is like brushing my teeth. It's something I have to do. It's something I want to do. If I couldn't do it, I wouldn't be happy.

     Thankful for a good day with Grandma and Shane. Thankful that I got to go shopping with the girls. That's always fun. Thankful for new goodies for my babes. I love watching them play with something new. Thankful for my sweet little ones. Thankful for my family. Thankful that I get to laugh for the next hour or so watching a bad TV show with my brother. Thankful for things that make me happy. It was a good day, and there was much to smile about.



No comments:

Post a Comment