Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hey! Where's the fire?

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 209

     Sometimes, my life as it was before I had children bleeds through to now...my life after children. This morning was one of those times. I had Casey for the morning. Sophia was off getting some tests done. And I'm happy to say they all came back good. She's healthy! It was another beautiful summer day around here, so I got the kids ready, and we all went out for a walk. We left the house around 10:00, 10:15. And when I checked my phone around 11:00, we hadn't even made it out of our little circle. Adelyn and Casey were having a blast. Picking flowers. Finding and collecting rocks. Finding sticks. Looking at birds. They played with a neighbor's dog. When we finally walked into the next court over, I was getting kind of antsy. I wanted to walk. We left the house with the intention of walking. And for some reason, I kept hurrying them. I don't know why. We had no schedule. We had no plans. We had no where to be. I believe it's just because that's the way things used to be. Hurry, hurry, hurry. Rush, rush, rush. Zipping around from place to place. No time to lollygag.

     But, as I began to snap pictures of Adelyn and Casey picking flowers, I realized, there was time to lollygag. There was time to stand around and wait on them. Even my excuse of, "Tobin will start getting antsy if we don't keep moving," didn't hold up. Because he was in so much of a hurry that he fell asleep :) So, I stopped hurrying them. And I started to lollygag with them. And it was lovely. No agenda. Just out walking. Seeing what we could see.

     Thankful for Adelyn and Casey. They taught me today that there is time to take things slow. To stop and look at every flower, and rock, and blade of grass. These days won't last long. These days when lollygagging is permitted. I must relish these days. They'll be gone before I know it. These are good ole' days. I'm in them. I'm living them now. I can't forget that.









A Picasso tree. 

Tobin loves to play with bouncy balls!



Casey boy in a timeout. 




No comments:

Post a Comment